Thursday, January 15, 2009

My fantastic husband

Today my husband turns 30. We have now been together in our teens, twenties and thirties. I think this is quite a feat, especially for our generation. Justin has always been a fantastic father and husband. Don't get me wrong, fantastic doesn't mean perfect, but he is pretty darn close. He is a great father. He takes the girls to swim practice 3 days a week and sits in the freezing cold watching them for an hour and a half each time. If I offer to take them I am quickly shot down by both him and them. "It is our thing with Daddy" the girls will tell me. At their swim meets he is their biggest cheer leader, always right by the starting blocks cheering them on. So many of the fathers don't come at all. I hope my girls realize just how lucky they are.
I am pretty lucky too. Nearly every night Justin will encourage me to go take a bath and read my book. He is thoughtful and sincere. When all of this started with my dad, Justin offered to bring me and all the kids home lunch on his lunch break so I wouldn't have to worry about feeding them. With all the packing and craziness that is going on, he suggested that I spend the weekend with my dad and he would take care of everything. This is a few of the things that make him so great.
I know that I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him or how proud I am of him. I really can't imagine my life without him. If you have a someone make sure they know how wonderful you think they really are. I am sure it will make their day!

1 comment:

  1. Jean Hi sweetheart I just wanted to say Hi and to let you know how very proud I am of you. You are such a blessing to our family.I miss you all so much.
    Love,
    Aunt Bettie

    ReplyDelete